17th EFDN Conference in Liverpool
The European Football for Development Network (EFDN) will host its 17th EFDN #Morehanfootball Conference from 09 – 11 May 2022 in Liverpool, United Kingdom. After meeting each other again in person (and online) during our 16th Conference in EFDN’s hometown Breda, we hope to welcome you to our next Conference in Liverpool. We will host you not only in one but two mythical venues: Anfield of Liverpool FC and Goodison Park of Everton FC. Both clubs are EFDN members.
After the last EFDN Conference in Breda, we received feedback from our member representatives that it would be more convenient for them to attend the following conference if it was not held in March. The reason for that is the different COVID-19 restrictions around Europe that would make the trip to the UK more difficult for some.
EFDN Conferences are the largest gatherings of Community and Social Responsibility (CSR) and ESG experts in European professional football. Participants at the 17th EFDN Conference will discuss challenges occasioned by COVID-19 and share best practices on CSR strategies, fundraising, sustainability, women’s football, anti-discrimination, social inclusion, online safeguarding, physical activity and STEM education. Expert panels and intriguing presentations will provide insights into current trends in CSR/ESG in European Football. Conference delegates will be inspired with ideas for new initiatives and useful tools to deliver community programmes after the end of the pandemic. Participants can use the conference as a platform for personal growth, create new partnerships and stay up-to-date with EFDN activities.
Some of the conference highlights will include:
- Latest insights: Expert panels and intriguing presentations providing insights into current trends and challenges in CSR in European Football.
- Interactive sharing of knowledge: Break-out sessions and specifically tailored round-table sessions challenging conference attendees to share experiences and best practices.
- Networking: Participants also have the opportunity to network with CSR business leaders and development visionaries.
- Study visits: Delegates are invited to see 4 live project delivery sessions.
- Partnerships: EFDN will present new programmes and funding opportunities
- Sightseeing: Attendees will have the time to explore the beautiful city of Liverpool. We have collected some ideas for you what to explore in our news article and here.
- EFDN General Assembly on 9 may (members only)
- Panel discussions
- Welcome evening (9 May)
- Networking dinner (10 May)
- Lunch & coffee breaks
Clubs, leagues and FAs and their community organisations from all across Europe.
You can find a list of speakers and topics addressed in the programme below. Have a look at the speakers from the 16th EFDN Conference to get an impression of how the programme of an EFDN Conference usually looks like.
Organisations and topics that are already confirmed for the 17th Conference:
Find here the full programme for the 17th edition!
WHERE ARE WE STAYING?
Participants can book rooms at the Mercure Liverpool Atlantic Tower Hotel. All transports from and to the stadiums will be from Mercure.