14th EFDN Conference – Full Programme Announced
The full programme for the 14th EFDN #Morethanfootball Online Conference has been confirmed and you can download it here!
We have an exciting line-up ahead, featuring presentations, break-out sessions, virtual roundtables, More than Football Award, Studio More than Football and networking sessions. The programme is designed to help participants and experts share the perspectives of Europe’s leading football clubs, leagues, FAs and organisations on community and social responsibility.
Special offer for clubs, leagues and FAs
EFDN has just extended its offer for non-member clubs, leagues and FAs to request one free ticket for the 14th EFDN Conference until Thursday, 5 November. Register now for the online event from 9-11 November and meet CSR experts from more than 90 European clubs, leagues and FAs. EFDN members can request up to four free tickets as part of their membership packages. Additional tickets can be purchased by member and non-members for a subsidised rate of just 35 Euro.
MORE THAN FOOTBALL AWARD 2020
Five projects have been selected for the More than Football Award 2020 powered by Musco Lighting. Programmes implemented by Borussia Dortmund, Club Brugge, Legia Warsaw, Malmö FF and Pro League have been selected for the 2020 shortlist. Usually, only four projects are chosen for the award that honours the best community and social responsibility (CSR) initiative in European football, but this year the shortlist but this year, five projects impressed members of the jury hence the exception.
The applicants selected for the shortlist will make a 15-minute presentation at the upcoming 14th EFDN “#Morethanfootball” Conference which will be organised online from 9–11 November. Afterwards, attending EFDN members will choose the winning project.
EFDN is assembling a stellar cast of speakers for the conference. Top experts in the field of CSR within European football will present on a variety of issues and highlight the successes of their various programmes.
- Karin Heri (Malmö FF) – Show Racism the Red Card
- Guy Rippon (Aston Villa Foundation) – Working With and For People with Disabilities
- Maria Vallès (Barça Foundation) – Sustainable Development Goals
- Monica Namy (UEFA) – Hattrick programme
- Justin Coleman (Alliance of Sport in Justice) – Theory of Change
- Tomas Abreu (Brentford FC Community Trust) – Partnerships and fundraising
- Greg Baker (Saints Foundation) – New CSR strategy
- Nicole Wilde (Saints Foundation) – New CSR strategy
- Matt Mead (Sphero) – STEM Education
- Ian Boyd (Notts County FC Football in the Community) – The Portland Leisure Centre
- Sam Crawford (Notts County FC Football in the Community) – The Portland Leisure Centre
- Bas Schreurs (Twente Enschede) – Supporter van Elkaar
- Preeti Shetty (Upshot) – Monitoring & Evaluation
- Sue Gregory (Everton in the Community) – Youth crime prevention
- Jed Cohen (Johannes Kepler University) – GREENFOOT concept
- Fabrizio Tavaroli (RINA Consulting) – GREENFOOT concept
- Phillip Smith (Northampton Town FC Community Trust) – CSR strategy
- Sharon Dale (Derby County) – Mental Health
- Luke Wilkinson (Derby County) – Mental Health
- Richard McBrearty (Football Memories Scotland) – Football Memories
MEET CSR-EXPERTS FROM MORE THAN 90 CLUBS
Clubs, leagues and FAs and their community organisations from all across Europe have signed up already. Meet CSR professionals from organisations like Barça Foundation, LFC Foundation, LFP, PAOK FC, Borussia Dortmund, Everton in the Community, FC Schalke 04, Irish FA, SL Benfica, Bayer 04 Leverkusen, Valerenga, UEFA and Standard de Liege.